WikiHouse Community Code of Conduct
WikiHouse is a collaborative project, bringing together passionate, talented and knowledgable people from all over the world around a common vision.
Whilst this may sometimes involve disagreements and heated debates, and while we always seek to support free speech and critical thinking, this can only happen in an atmosphere of respect and courtesy.
If you are participating in the WikiHouse community via any platform of forum, we ask that you abide by this code of conduct. If you do not follow this code, we reserve the right to remove you from any group or collaborative space of which we are the adminstrators.
We will not tolerate the following
– Abuse including gratuitous bad language
– Reglious hate speech
– Threatening language
– Personal (’ad hominem’) attacks
– Cyberbullying or harassment
– Sexual harassment or inappropriate / unsolicited sexual comments
– Flooding / bumping multiple old threads with the aim of flooding
– Deliberately misleading behaviour
– Blatant attempts to unfairly discredit or steal credit for the work of others
– Impersonation of someone else
Please do not post
– Spam / blatant advertising
– References to individual companies or people that might be considered libellous
– Anyone’s personal information (for example contact details, home address etc) unless it is already in the public domain
– Anything that would infringe someone’s right to privacy without their consent
– Anything which may be confidential information
– Anything that infringes someone’s trademark, patent or copyright (within reason, as regards content and links that are already in the public domain).
– Pornographic material
– Sexist material or material that is likely to be considered gratuitously offensive by others
– Do not encourage anyone to take risks, or to participate in dangerous or illegal behaviour
– Take every reasonably opportunity to remind people of their obligation to use WikiHouse information in a safe and legal way, and to satisfy themselves of its fitness for purpose in their project.
If you would like to make a complaint against any member of the community, please get in contact with us. Your complaint will always be heard, and handled anonymously and fairly in such a way as to minimise harm to you and others.
– OSL does not monitor all communication and activity in the community. We follow a policy of notice / complaint → review → takedown or ban
– We will try to respond as quickly as we can to any complaints, however please be aware we are a small team, and we are not funded to support the WikiHouse community.
– In the case of any behaviour or activity that breaks the law we reserve the right to report any relevant information to the appropriate authorities.
– If we deem you to have failed to abide by this code, we reserve the right to remove you temporarily or permanently from all community activity. We also reserve the right to remove or delete any content at any time if there is even a possibility that it may infringe this code.
– We may update this code of conduct at any time. At such a time those changes will apply immediately, regardless of whether you have read and agreed to the updated version.